Things I shouldn’t find satisfying…
Things I shouldn’t find satisfying – and probably shouldn’t be admitting – but I do.
Note: Some bullet points may cause gross-out.
- Catching that bogey on the out-sniff (the baby’s I mean of course!). Come on, we’ve all been there. #fistpumpmoment.
- Cleaning out ear wax with a cotton bud. And getting a huge lump out. (OK label, but if you’re not supposed to insert them into the ear canal, what exactly are you supposed to do with cotton buds?!)
- A parent and baby space to park in. Need I say more?
- A one wiper nappy poo. Only achieved with a good combo of wiping with the nappy itself and a technically skilful wet-wiping motion. Has to be the right kind of poo.
- A no wiper three year old poo, or ‘ghost-poo’. This is very rare and you know you’re going to have a good day if this occurs. Buy a lottery ticket.
- A restocked change bag by surprise. Either a thoughtful partner or a rare moment of organisation you’ve forgotten about when you go to grab the bag assuming it’s empty or has dirty nappies/bottles in.
- A well timed nap. Nothing more satisfying than putting them down, walking away and not seeing the monitor flash for at least 45 minutes.
- A non parenty one: Cleaning out the dishwasher filter. Freeing the trapped grains of rice. This harks back to my days de-fluffing computer mice. You know, the ones that used to have balls that gathered bits and would fur up and stop working. Ooh I loved walking round the office de-fluffing my colleagues’ mice (snigger). Nowadays I have to content myself with scraping the filth off the little feet of the mouse…
Am I a total freak?! Help me out here… what would be on your list?