I’ve got a Sunshine Blogger Award!
That got your attention! “Already? Wow, I knew she was good, but..”
OK, so it’s not exactly an award. More of a nomination. But it’s called the Sunshine Blogger Award so I’m claiming it. Thanks to James at A Life Just Ordinary – who just wrote this hilarious blog post on The X Factor – this is my first ever blogger tag challenge. *High Five* James!
Loving this idea. Basically, James has answered a load of random questions put to him by Geraldine from Over Heaven’s Hill, and now it’s his turn to think of even more random questions and nominate some other bloggers to answer them. After a fair amount of Twitter banter he’s put me up for it. I’m going to answer them quite quickly so it should be my first thoughts… (dangerous!) So here goes…
1. If you didn’t need the money and didn’t have a little one what would you spend your days doing?
Oooh easy. Sleeping.
Hmmm though I suppose the novelty would wear off. Going on lovely holidays and short breaks with my husband I think. Reviewing spas actually, yes that!
2. Which Disney character do you most relate to?
Is it bad that I just had to Google Disney characters for inspiration? We’re not really into Disney just yet – except for Cars. And I can’t say I relate particularly well to a rusty tow truck or red racing car. Maybe Tigger from Winnie the Pooh as I’m generally pretty upbeat and positive and I also just love to bounce. #random
3. How much time do you spend online per day on average?
Too much. I have made a note to myself to put the laptop and phone down at certain times of the day and not to be tempted to look at them!
4. If horses ruled the world what do you think would be the advantages and disadvantages?
Good stuff: There’d be no chance of a supermarket horsemeat scandal. When they come into meetings they’d make an awesome regal noise (clip-clop clip-clop). We’d probably have to all learn how to ride and I’d like to know how to do that.
Bad stuff: Horse poo everywhere. Flies everywhere. I don’t speak horse.
5. If you had to choose between having a giraffe’s neck or a camel’s hump which would you choose and why?
A giraffe’s neck for peeking over people’s fences and feeling tall and AWESOME.
6. If you could meet anyone for dinner, alive or dead, who would you choose? (NB – If you pick a dead person they would be alive during dinner – you wouldn’t just be dining with a corpse. That would be wrong)
James Cordon. I want to be his best friend. As long as we could do a restaurant version of carpool karaoke where famous people pop over to our table for a sing song too…
7. What is your favourite swear word or swear word combo?
“Oh ballsacks” is my general no-thinking blurt out. ?
8. What is you favourite time of year and why?
Early Spring I think – the tangible optimism in the air. Lighter evenings and the sun starting to show its face, buds and blossom on the trees, people making nice outdoor plans again… and two important little people’s birthdays!
9. What 3 things would you put into Room 101 if you had the chance (ie banish from existence)
10. Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging about a month ago after writing some guest posts for my friend Sunita from Lucky Things blog (totally getting nominated now). After that, I felt inspired to write down my own thoughts whilst on maternity leave as a keepsake for the future and because I’ve always enjoyed writing at work, but had never done it for pleasure. The rest is history!
11. If you could take just one DVD box set with you to a desert island (that had a DVD player and TV obvs) what would it be?
Not exactly original, but Breaking Bad. Still the best series I’ve seen in a very long time – and long ago enough now that I’d love to watch it all again from the beginning! Making A Murderer would be a close second.
So now it’s my turn to write 11 questions and nominate some fellow bloggers:
- If someone gave you £100 right now, what would you spend it on?
- Starter and main, or main and dessert?
- What’s the happiest moment you’ve had in the last 6 months?
- Where are you sitting writing this?
- Describe your perfect Sunday.
- Which animals would you choose to be stuck in a cage at London zoo with and why?
- Favourite TV programme at the moment?
- How much sleep did you get last night? (careful)
- Tell us your normal weekday morning routine getting everyone up and out.
- What’s the most annoying toy in your house and why?
- Who inspires you and why?
And I’m nominating:
Do look up these bloggers if you haven’t come across them yet, and enjoy reading their responses…